i want to endorse two great recipes and tell you the twists i put on them.
First, I made Mark's beef and broccoli....kinda. Here are the changes I made.
1) As it is tough to find any decent beef here I used a boneless chicken breast instead.
2) I didn't marinate nuthin!
3) I used a bag of mixed frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
4) I didn't use any booze
5) I realized I was not following the recipe at all.
Secondly, I made this raw vegan flourless chocolate cake for a meeting I was going to where someone couldn't have things baked with eggs. It was a hit! Here are the changes I made to the recipe:
1) I used almond meal and walnuts mixed together (I was only using a weak hand blender that couldn't really pulverize the nuts)
2) I used raisins instead of dates and kind of eyeballed the measure, but I think it was at least 2/3 cup raisins (black and golden)
3) I (GASP!) added a tablespoon of powdered sugar (the chocolate was CRAZY bitter and i didn't know what to do)
4) I used more water than they recommended, I'd say probably at least a quarter cup. Enough to make it all stick together.
5) I just dropped a few sliced strawberries on top and called it a day, no cream or whatever she did.
Try it whatever way you like!